Why I like to eat mulberries
Mulberries are both delicious and versatile to cook with as well as being tasty to snack on, but more importantly they are excellent for my health! To briefly outline the benefits to health :
- They are great for immune system support. They stimulate and activate the the immune system by putting it on the alert to potential invaders.
- They are a really good source of anti oxidants. Anti oxidants minimise the damage free radicals do to us on a daily basis.
- Mulberry promotes healthy blood sugar levels.
- Mulberries contain Vitamin K, C, iron, protein and fibre.
- Mulberries lower inflammation, swelling and redness.
Recipe for Mulberry Dessert
(Feeds 3 people)
2 fresh mangos
6 dessert spoons full of natural live yoghurt
6 dessert spoons full of dried mulberries
Peel and slice the mangoes. Divide between the three dessert bowls. Slice the three bananas up between the bowls too. Top with 2 spoons of yoghurt and then 2 spoons of dried mulberries.
I like to use RealFoodSource Organic White Crumbled Sun Dried Mulberries (2kg) the crumbled ones are great as a topping on this quick chilled dessert recipe. They are great in home made trail mix, home made snack bars and also as part of the topping on apple crumble.