“How Mercury Destroys the Brain” is the title of a YouTube video produced by the Faculty of Medicine at University of Calgary. In the video, which you can view here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtFsy0rQsak– scientists from the university provide direct visual evidence from brain tissue cultures of how mercury ions actually alter the cell membrane structure of developing neurons, even at low mercury concentrations .
Mercury is a potent neurotoxic substance which can be ingested (fish eg tuna being the most common source) or inhaled. With inhalation, dental amalgams are the major source of contamination, and this is convincingly demonstrated in the YouTube video ‘Smoking Teeth = Poison Gas’ produced by the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.
In the video you see mercury vapour being released from dental amalgams which is 1000 times higher than the levels permitted by environmental agencies.
Studies showed that mercury invaded every organ of the body and promoted an increase in antibiotic resistant bacteria in oral and intestinal (gut) flora.
You can view the video here
What I Did Next
It’s one thing learning about the possible harmful effects of mercury and dental amalgams, though quite another knowing what action to take to remedy the situation.
I went to my regular dentist, who quoted me a price for removing each of my silver fillings and replacing them with white composite fillings. I was disconcerted at the negative response when I asked him whether he’d be taking any special precautions.
So, I went online and searched for the website of the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (www.IAOMT.org). Here, I found a register of dentists who adhere to a special set of standards and practices. I located my nearest IAOMT practitioner and what a different experience that proved to be, with equipment like an extraction unit to prevent me inhaling fumes as the amalgams were removed.
It took four visits, as each quartile was treated on a separate occasion. Everything went off well and I suffered no ill effects.
There is the question – Was this action necessary?’ ie is it the cause of my Parkinson’s?
There’s no way of knowing the answer to that though I am determined to leave no stone unturned in my efforts to rid myself of the disease.
Furthermore, I cannot ignore results of my toxicology tests which showed a high bodily concentration of mercury.